This recipe is adapted from Indian Vegetarian Cookery , by Jack Santa Maria (London, Rider, 1973) I substitute vegetable oil for ghee. It’s easy and makes quite a substantial meal.
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp Paprika or chili powder
- 6 Bananas peeled and chopped, I used 4 large
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Grind garlic, salt, chilli or paprika, coriander and turmeric to a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions until golden.
- Stir in the garlic and spice paste and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the sliced bananas and brown.
- Stir in the yoghurt and garam masala and cook until the bananas are soft.
- Add a little water if the mixture starts to dry out.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.